Helaas is dit een bekend probleem. Hieronder vind je de informatie van Synology over hoe dit kan worden opgelost.
If your DiskStation/RackStation shows either or all of the symptoms below, it is probably hacked:
- Power LED light blinks blue
- Cannot log in DSM. Error message: "System is getting ready..."
- Synology Assistant shows "Starting Services..."
Please refer to our announcement released on Feb. 14:http://www.synology.com/company/news/article/437
You need to upgrade to DSM 4.3 3827 (or the latest version of DSM for your model) to patch this security vulnerability. There are currently three solutions to this issue:
[Solution 1] Use a spare disk - the original settings and the the volume will stay intact
- Remove all disks when power is off.
- Insert a spare disk to your DiskStation/RackStation, boot up and install DSM 4.3 3827(or the latest version of DSM for your model), then power off.
- Remove the spare disk, and insert the original disks back.
- Synology Assistant will show "Migratable" now. Please right click DiskStation in Assistant > Install.
- Install DSM 4.3 3827 (or the latest version of DSM for your model) on the original disks.
[Solution 2] Reinstall DSM - (If all services are running except logging on DSM GUI) some settings will be lost, but the volume will stay intact
Please follow the Sec. 3 of the tutorial below to reinstall DSM:http://www.synology.com/support/tutorials/493#t3
Please ensure you Install DSM 4.3 3827 (or the latest version of DSM for your model)
[Solution 3] Boot up without disks and contact us
Please perform the following actions:
- Remove all disks and try to install DSM with Synology Assistant.
The process will stop at a point where telnet port 23 is enabled.
- Insert all disks back to DiskStation/RackStation while the power is still on.
- Make sure port 23 of your DiskStation is accessible from Internet.
(Port forwarding for port 23 must be set up properly.)
- Provide your WAN IP or DDNS name and admin's temp password to us. ( we will remove the 3rd-party )
- Once the DiskStation/RackStation can boot up properly, please manually Install DSM 4.3 3827 (or the latest version of DSM for your model) asap.
If you use [Solution1] or [Solution2], after installing the latest DSM with security fixing, please go to the shared folder "Homes" > "admin" to remove the file named ".profile" if any. This 3rd-party file will affect database working.
Upgrading to DSM 4.3 3827 (or the latest version of DSM for your model) is required to fix this issue. If you do not upgrade, the DiskStation/RackStation may be hacked again. We are sorry for your inconvenience.